Our priority is the health and safety of our Kelowna community.
We take COVID-19 seriously.
Here are the measures we are taking at Great Way Martial Arts:
1. We clean, sanitize and disinfect.
2. We are disinfecting equipment used by the previous class before a new class begins.
3. Students stop outside until invited into the building once the previous class has exited.
4. Only 6 to 8 students can enter the proshop at a time going to different stations where they drop off shoes, bags, coats etc. and collect what they need for class.
5. We have setup a one way system for entering and exiting the building with a 15 min. break between classes.
6. We have limited all class sizes to ensure proper distancing can be maintained.
7. Students spray their hands with a safe hand sanitizer before entering class.
8. We do not shake hands or give high 5’s.
9. We remind the students to wash or sanitize their hands after the class is over.
10. We have a sanitizing station when you enter, on the training floor, and when you leave.
11. We have markers on the training floor so the students know where to stand, they are spaced at over 2 meters apart.
12. We have a separate training area upstairs for our Kung Fu Cubs classes.
13. Parents and family members are not allowed to enter the building while students are entering and exiting.
14. Parents and family members are required to wear masks when inside the building, however no spectators are allowed.
15. All Great Way Team members wear masks and all students are required to wear them as well.
16. We ask all students and families to please stay home if anyone is feeling under the weather.
17. All students and families must self-isolate if they have just returned from international travel.