Kid’s Martial Art Classes
Champions Kung Fu In Kelowna 7 to 11 yrs.
Self Esteem. Self Respect. Self Image.
Looking for Martial Art classes that teach patience, kindness, and self-control?
Champions Kung Fu is the right choice. Our definition of a Champion is, someone who never gives up and we expect students to always do their best, these are pillars of our program.
We coach students to challenge the voice inside them that says “I can’t do that, I’m not smart enough, fast enough or strong enough” by using this affirmation “I can, I must, I will!”
Our goal-setting rewards system teaches students to plan and set goals, children learn confidence and self-discipline and their self-image starts to soar.
Martial arts are proven to offer profound benefits to children who face learning challenges
Our teaching method reaches all 3 major learning styles; visual, auditory and kinesthetic. We believe in bringing out the best in everyone, our classes are designed to educate, encourage and support healthy lifestyles by improving self-image.
At Great Way, the family unit is very important and we help create strong family bonds by instilling life-long loyalty.
Our Kung Fu Quest Program
Each child is invited to go on a Kung Fu Quest. The Quest encourages home practice, completing home chores, developing good manners and random acts of kindness. Each month students are given a Quest Card to complete.
“The Truth About Kung Fu”
- Previous experience is not necessary to start classes
- Being in shape or flexible is not required
- We have a no-contact policy. Less risk of concussions and injuries
- Great Way students are very friendly and helpful
- No competitions, tournaments or contact sparring
- We have a very welcoming family-friendly environment
- Kung Fu is not a “style” it is a mindset, it means “hard work, well done”
Our Belt Advancement System Teaches the “Cycle of Success”;
- Know what you want
- Have a plan
- Get a success coach
- Review and renew your goals
- Celebrate your achievements
To Be Eligible For a Belt Test Our Requirements Are;
- positive attitude – always doing your best
- effort – never giving up
- skill level – measured against the 6 qualities of a Champion; focus, accuracy, speed, power, intensity & excellence
- practice – consistent practice ensures progressive skill level
- attendance – a minimum of 18 classes, this does not ensure skill level however, it does teach that success starts with showing up
- good academic grades – to be promoted to any Black Belt level.
What Can A Parent Do If they Feel Their Child Is Not Earning Their Next Belt Either at Home or School?
This is very normal and can occur at any time on the journey to Black Belt. Maybe a student is not doing their chores, or their grades are not satisfactory. We can help!
It’s important to us that you know that every reward is earned here at Great Way, nothing is just given and that parents always have the final say whether their child gets promoted to their next belt.
If for any reason a parent would like us to withhold a reward they only have to let us know, we are here to support the parents and the child and will not reward them until the parent is happy with the behavioral change.
Learn About the Benefits
Trains Left and Right Brain
Teaches Goal Setting
Improves Discipline and Posture
Self-Defense and Self-Control
Non-Violent Conflict Resolution Techniques
Improves Manners and Self-Respect
Increases Self-Awareness and Tolerance
Can Kick Start a Great Attitude
Champions Kung Fu Schedule 7 – 11 years
No Drop-in Classes. Attend Registered Classes Only.
Make-up Classes for Kids/Teens are recorded and posted in the Academy Online.
Once you complete a recorded makeup class please email [email protected] and he will add it to your overall class attendance.