Kelowna's Martial Arts Demonstration Team
At Great Way Martial Arts, we’ve always had the desire to perform demos and share a positive image and experience of martial arts to the public.
We take pride in our school and the services we offer to the entire Okanagan Valley. We go the extra mile to insure our reputation as the VERY best around – with an inspiring, enthusiastic team of leaders and instructors.
Do you take pride in our school and your instruction? Then consider joining Kelowna’s Martial Arts Demonstration Team.
What Do We Look For?
You are an open-minded and teachable student. You take pride in your school and value your instructors and the lessons they share. Your commitment to enlighten others to the benefits and excitement we offer through martial arts is unwavering and you are firmly dedicated to your practice.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? - share your practice with the public and sign up today.
Tryouts Saturday, Sept 15 At 12:00pm
We are very happy and excited to offer you the opportunity to try out for our Team!
You must register to tryout. Please read the tryout requirements and details below.
Our next session begins Sept. 21 at 5:35PM
- -Your skills will be developed to a whole new level
- -Learn to perform! (eg: Promotions, Fat Cat, and Canada Day Festivals)
- -Work together as a team
- -Prepare a performance for our family and friends
- -Perform at the next Promotion Day
- -Must be 8 years or older
- -Hold the rank of Green belt or higher
- -Have a great attitude and enthusiasm
- -Willingness to work hard and be professional
- -The desire to improve yourself
- -Must practice regularly at home
- -Must complete a tryout
- -Classes held on Fridays (5:35 to 7:00 pm)
- -Demo team patch and team uniform
- -Performance weapons not included
- -New registration (with uniform) - $229 after a successful tryout
- -Renewal (no tryout or uniform) - $139 for 1 session
- -Renewal - $399 for full season
Try Out Details
- -A parent or guardian must attend
- -Registration is immediately after the tryouts
- -You will be asked to perform the following
- -One of the Empty Hand Forms you have learned (eg: Striking Set, Competition Form)
- -A self-defense drill (eg: Portal of Safety drill)
- -A weapon combo, set, or form (Bo Staff, Nunchaku, or Broadsword)
- -Champions workout, to be announced on tryout day
*Reminder Sets, combos, forms, and weapons are on the online Academy. Use it to practice!
We will be looking for; intensity, dynamic presentation, perseverance, determination, heart, giving it 100%. Good luck!
Great Way Martial Arts words to live by:
- -About perseverance: "I can, I must, I will!"
- -For maintaining a positive attitude - "someone who always does their best!"
- -What it means to be a Champion - "someone who never gives up"