GWMA Member Updates
Adult Wing Chun Students – Classes resume on Monday, Jan. 11th. Classes will be low intensity with physical distancing protocols in place.
If you do not feel comfortable returning to class we are still offering private lessons. You can reserve up to two 30 min. private lessons per week at no extra cost until you return to class.
Parent/Daughter Self-defense classes – see below for dates & links to click
Progress stripe weeks, Belt Exams & Schedule Updates & more…
No Drop-in Classes. Attend Registered Classes Only.
4th – All Classes at Dilworth and Mission resume
11th-16th – 1st Black Stripe Kung Fu Cubs
25th-30th – 1st Progress Stripe Week Champions/TMA/Wing Chun
8th-13th – 2nd Black Stripe Kung Fu Cubs
15th – CLOSED for Family Day, Monday
1st-6th – 3rd Black Stripe Kung Fu Cubs
1st-6th – 2nd Progress Stripe Week Champions/TMA/Wing Chun
8th-13th – Kung Fu Cubs Belt Promotion
We are open for classes throughout Spring Break
2nd – Closed for Good Friday
12th-17th – Belt Exam Week Champions/TMA/Wing Chun
17th-22nd – 1st Progress Stripe Week Champions/TMA/Wing Chun
24th – Closed for Victoria Day
21st-26th – 2nd Progress Stripe Week Champions/TMA/Wing Chun
1st – Closed for Canada Day
5th-9th – Leadership Camp | Min. of Purple Belt & 10 yrs. old
12th-16th – Belt Advancement Camp | New Students & Year 1
19th-23rd – Belt Advancement Camp | Year 1 & 2
26th-30th – Belt Advancement Camp | Year 3 & Jr. Black Belt
26th-31st – Spring/Summer Unit Belt Exam Week Champions/TMA/Wing Chun
2nd – Closed for BC Day
9th-13th – Belt Advancement Camp | New Students & Year 1
16th-20th – Belt Advancement Camp | Year 1 & 2
23rd-27th – Belt Advancement Camp | Year 3 & Jr. Black Belt
30th-Sept. 3rd – Leadership Camp | Min. of Purple Belt & 10 yrs. old
2nd – Closed for Labour Day
In case You Have To Quarantine for 2 weeks and miss classes, here’s how we can help;
1. Use the makeup classes uploaded to the Academy Online the following Monday. Once you complete a recorded make-up class please email [email protected] and he will add it to your overall class attendance.
2. Click here to schedule “catch up” private lessons for when you return.
These steps will help keep your child on track for their next belt exam.
Logging In to The Academy Online – please do not create another user as it causes havoc with the system and your ability to view the Academy Online videos. Your user is the email address you gave us when you enrolled unless you updated it. If you have forgotten your password use the Forgotten Password link.
BELT EXAMS/GRADING POLICIES
All testing fees must be paid in advance.
1. Students who are not testing during this week (excluding Adult Programs) do not attend class.
2. If a student cannot attend exam week, has failed their exam, or is not yet eligible they can sign up for a make-up exam approximately 2 to 3 weeks later. All requirements must be met before the make-up exam week.
3. Students will be promoted immediately after the exams are completed providing, they have passed.
4. A $25 exam fee will be charged if a student:
– misses their scheduled exam day without communicating and needs to be added to the make-up schedule
– misses their make-up exam day without communicating and needs a private exam scheduled.
– would like to schedule a private belt exam.
5. Be early! If a student arrives more than 5 minutes late they will not be allowed into the exam.