GWMA Member Updates
NEW COVID UPDATE Nov. 27th The BC Government has ordered all Martial Arts Schools, Dance Studios, Gymnastic Centres, and more to suspend operation until New Guidelines are completed. They expect to have these new guidelines available by end of this week. We expect to be open Mon., Dec.7th and will continue with belt exams for kids & teens and reg. classes for Adults and Kung Fu Cubs.
In the meantime, you can reserve a private lesson this week or complete a Fall unit belt exam review class or check out one of our NEW videos including: Nunchucks for Year 1, Kali techniques for Year 2, 3 & all Black Belts, and New Wing Chun videos.
New Winter unit Kali classes will be posted later in the week. Let us know if your child completes one of theses classes and we will record their attendance.
So right now we expect to continue belt exams on Dec. 7th.
Progress stripe weeks, Belt Exams & Schedule Updates & more…
No Drop-in Classes. Attend Registered Classes Only.
Thank You to all of our students and families who have returned to classes and are doing their best to follow COVID protocols and keep themselves and others safe!
Click here to see everything we are doing to keep everyone safe.
Incase You Have To Quarantine for 2 weeks and miss classes, here’s how we can help;
1. use the make up classes uploaded to the Academy Online (see below for make up class details)
2. schedule “catch up” private lessons for when you return
These steps will help keep your child on track for their next belt exam.
Make up Classes for Kids/Teens are uploaded to the Academy Online the following Monday. Once you complete a recorded make up class please email [email protected] and he will add it to your overall class attendance.
Logging In to The Academy Online – please do not create another user as it causes havoc with the system and your ability to view the Academy Online videos. Your user is the email address you gave us when you enrolled unless you updated it since. If you have forgotten your password use the Forgotten Password link.
The Winter session begins Monday, Dec. 14
– Year 1 students need nunchucks & hand gear
– Year 2 & 3 students need a Kali stick, hand, foot & headgear
– All Jr. Black Belt students need 2 Kali sticks & sparring gear
Winter Break for Children & Teens Dec. 21st to Jan. 3rd.
Adult Wing Chun classes held during the above dates at their regularly scheduled time.
All Classes resume Monday, Jan. 4th
CLOSED Dec. 24th to 27th
CLOSED Dec. 31st to Jan. 3rd
BELT EXAMS/GRADING POLICIES
All testing fees must be paid in advance.
1. Students who are not testing during this week (excluding Adult Programs) do not attend class.
2. If a student cannot attend exam week, has failed their exam, or is not yet eligible they can sign up for a make-up exam approximately 2 to 3 weeks later. All requirements must be met before the make-up exam week.
3. Students will be promoted immediately after the exams are completed providing, they have passed.
4. A $25 exam fee will be charged if a student:
– misses their scheduled exam day without communicating and needs to be added to the make-up schedule
– misses their make-up exam day without communicating and needs a private exam scheduled.
– would like to schedule a private belt exam.
5. Be early! If a student arrives more than 5 minutes late they will not be allowed into the exam.