GWMA Member Updates
Progress stripe weeks, Belt Exams & Schedule Updates & more…
No Drop-in Classes. Attend Registered Classes Only.
Thank You to all of our students and families who have returned to classes and are doing their best to follow COVID protocols and keep themselves and others safe!
Click here to see everything we are doing to keep everyone safe.
Incase You Have To Quarantine for 2 weeks and miss classes, here’s how we can help;
1. use the make up classes uploaded to the Academy Online (see below for make up class details)
2. schedule “catch up” private lessons for when you return
These steps will help keep your child on track for their next belt exam.
Make up Classes for Kids/Teens are uploaded to the Academy Online the following Monday. Once you complete a recorded make up class please email [email protected] and he will add it to your overall class attendance.
Logging In to The Academy Online – please do not create another user as it causes havoc with the system and your ability to view the Academy Online videos. Your user is the email address you gave us when you enrolled unless you updated it since. If you have forgotten your password use the Forgotten Password link.
CLOSED Thanksgiving Day Mon.12th
2nd Progress Stripe – Oct. 26th to 31st
CLOSED Remembrance Day Wed. 11th
Belt Exam Week – Nov. 23rd to 28th
Winter session begins Monday, Nov. 30
Winter Break for Children & Teens Dec. 21st to Jan. 3rd.
Adult Wing Chun classes held during the above dates at their regularly scheduled time.
All Classes resume Monday, Jan. 4th
CLOSED Dec. 24th to 27th
CLOSED Dec. 31st to Jan. 3rd
BELT EXAMS/GRADING POLICIES
All testing fees must be paid in advance.
1. Students who are not testing during this week (excluding Adult Programs) do not attend class.
2. If a student cannot attend exam week, has failed their exam, or is not yet eligible they can sign up for a make-up exam approximately 2 to 3 weeks later. All requirements must be met before make-up exam week.
3. Students will be promoted immediately after the exams are completed providing, they have passed.
4. A $25 exam fee will be charged if a student:
– misses their scheduled exam day without communicating and needs to be added to the make-up schedule
– misses their make-up exam day without communicating and needs a private exam scheduled.
5. Be early! If a student arrives more than 5 minutes late they will not be allowed into the exam.