Self Esteem. Self Respect. Taking Care Of Yourself.
Welcome to Great Way Martial Arts – your family’s premier choice for martial arts instruction in all of the Okanagan Valley. Our Kelowna martial arts programs will get your mind training and your body moving with classes for children and adults of all ages.
We are much different from your average Martial Arts Schools and here's how;
1. Our schedule - accommodating for busy families & lifestyles with overlapping classes for siblings to come at the same time and the ability to change your class days when your new hockey or soccer schedule comes out. We also offer private lessons, and make-up classes to help YOU discover your full potential.
2. Our life skills/character development program - we begin every children's & teen's class with discussing topics such as having a positive attitude. We elaborate on that topic and then how can we apply that at home, school and other activities like Kung Fu.
3. We have full-time professionals with age-specific programs - development stages for children are very different through the years that's why our programs are grouped 4-6 yrs., 7-11 yrs., 11-15 yrs. and adults & older teens. We provide continuous training and education for all of our team members.
4. Our extensive community involvement - Great Way Martial Arts is highly active in the community, working with Kids Sport Canada, Pacific Sport Okanagan, and Xplore Sports Camps. We also run a unique program through the Rotary Centre for the Arts for the local school districts and elementary schools in the area. Our mission is; "to joyfully inspire the mental and physical well-being of our community."
5. We have a very positive & safe family environment - look, it's very common to feel intimidated and even scared to walk into a martial arts school, there is definitely a stigma attached. When you walk into our environment you will soon be wondering why you felt that way. We have been told for over 26 years that it's not like that at all. Our team of people, the students and families are all incredibly supportive, encouraging, and the environment is so very positive. We have a spacious, open & clean facility including over 7000 square feet of matted training floors, private change rooms & bathrooms and a lounge – you and/or your family will feel welcomed into a community of shared goals.
6. We teach Kung Fu and it originated and is practiced from a place of peace - born thousands of years ago Kung Fu was practiced for the "self", it was not created from conflict for the sole purpose of combat. It's purpose, besides all of the physical health benefits, is to connect our mind, body, and spirit in everything we think, say and do. It is no accident that we do not compete or enter tournaments. Our mission is simply to inspire others to be the very best versions of themselves. To do this we must make daily decisions, command ourselves towards what we want and then exercise our self-discipline and follow those commands with passion and purpose.
If you’re looking for an incredible family-friendly, community-oriented facility you have found it!
If you start training NOW, you and your family will develop positive habits that will last a lifetime. Our leaders and support system will guide you through a fantastic journey of practice and achievement.
All of Great Way Martial Arts Programs help you:
- Burn fat and increase your metabolism to maintain a healthy weight
- Tone and strengthen core muscle groups
- Achieve optimal flexibility, coordination, and conditioning to prevent strains or injury
- Increase your endurance and stamina for life’s everyday hustle
- Build incredible friendships with amazing people and world-class teachers!
Every goal starts somewhere and our programs are designed to help you accomplish what you want, whether you’d like to increase your strength or build up your stamina. Wherever you live in the Okanagan Valley, our Kelowna martial arts classes are for everyone – so bring your whole family get started today.
What People Say About Us!
Great Way Martial Arts has really helped my son. They have given him confidence in a fun and healthy learning environment. All the teachers are great with kids. Classes are always well organized and enjoyable. I would recommend to anyone, especially for those with children lacking confidence.
- Michael Hawley
I'm not a martial arts person, and when my daughter wanted to try Kung Fu, I wasn't sure. But it's been an overwhelmingingly positive experience for her and the rest of our family. Our daughter has been taking Kung Fu lessons at Greatway for several years on and off. I can't say enough about the fantastic teachers and program at Greatway. I love that they focus on self esteem and being kind, and the teachers are amazing role models for the kids. My daughter loves the high energy practices and every changing activities, and always tries to bring her sister to the fun nights so she get a taste of the excitement. They don't spar with each other, and I love that... It makes it more about self discipline and fitness. Highly recommended!
- Arnica Rowan
I've had the privilege of training at Greatway for 8 years now, and every moment has been a blast. They have the perfect ratio of fun and workout to keep you focused, happy, and fit. I recommend Greatway to any and all, because the staff is mind-blowing, and you always fell welcome! Also you know because every single review is 5-stars!
- Matthew Richardson